- 5,764 hits
- Follow Why I Left AA (UK) on WordPress.com
- Debunking Tough Love and the Mind-Body Connection
- 13th Step The Film – Private Screening, London, Weds 27th May 2015
- Adrenal Function in Alcoholism and Addictions (or it’s still not in your head)
- Alcoholism by Lawrence Wilson, MD (or, it’s not in your head).
- A musing on coerced attendance ….
- Would you want to go to this hospital?
- Dictionary Definitions
- Carbon-Based Random Slogan Generating Machine …
- Things I will not miss about AA meetings
- Responses to Trauma, an essay by Charlotte Kasl
Karmamademedoit on Welcome J.J on Welcome satkins43 on Welcome girlscoutuk on Debunking Tough Love and the M… Silver Damsen on Debunking Tough Love and the M…
Monthly Archives: August 2014
Often AA members state that if people were not forced or coerced to attend AA, that it would solve lots of the problems that detractors or ex-members complain about. I think this answer is, however, far too simplistic. Part of … Continue reading
There is a major cancer hospital. It has a treatment that everybody says is the really best treatment ever invented for your kind of disease. Everybody tells you, if you want to get better, you have to go to this … Continue reading
When I was in AA, sponsors, old-timers, other members talked a lot about looking words up in a dictionary. As part of my step two, my sponsor had me look up ‘came to’ ‘believe’ ‘restore’ and ‘sanity’ and this formed … Continue reading
If you have just left, and are still trying to figure out your arse from your elbow, I highly recommend the Stinkin’ Thinkin’ Blog. See here: http://donewithaa.wordpress.com/2009/05/02/unofficial-unoffical-aa-slogans/ Below, I have pasted a copy of an essay on Stinkin’ Thinkin’ that … Continue reading