- 5,598 hits
- Follow Why I Left AA (UK) on WordPress.com
- Debunking Tough Love and the Mind-Body Connection
- 13th Step The Film – Private Screening, London, Weds 27th May 2015
- Adrenal Function in Alcoholism and Addictions (or it’s still not in your head)
- Alcoholism by Lawrence Wilson, MD (or, it’s not in your head).
- A musing on coerced attendance ….
- Would you want to go to this hospital?
- Dictionary Definitions
- Carbon-Based Random Slogan Generating Machine …
- Things I will not miss about AA meetings
- Responses to Trauma, an essay by Charlotte Kasl
Karmamademedoit on Welcome J.J on Welcome satkins43 on Welcome girlscoutuk on Debunking Tough Love and the M… Silver Damsen on Debunking Tough Love and the M…
Category Archives: Leaving
It’s three and a half years since my thyroid was surgically removed (21st December 2011) after a long and arduous journey to get my symptoms taken seriously. I’m doing much better now, but I still mourn the loss of my … Continue reading
Adrenal Function in Alcoholism and Addictions A common, but often ignored, component of alcoholism and some other addictions is fatigued adrenal glands. Adrenal fatigue and its associated hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) may often precede substance abuse, and create physiological and … Continue reading
Lawrence Wilson MD is pro-AA but this article is one of several I want to post highlighting the role of the body in “alcoholism” – I feel many people sitting in meetings are NOT alcoholics, they just have an out … Continue reading
When I was in AA, sponsors, old-timers, other members talked a lot about looking words up in a dictionary. As part of my step two, my sponsor had me look up ‘came to’ ‘believe’ ‘restore’ and ‘sanity’ and this formed … Continue reading
If you have just left, and are still trying to figure out your arse from your elbow, I highly recommend the Stinkin’ Thinkin’ Blog. See here: http://donewithaa.wordpress.com/2009/05/02/unofficial-unoffical-aa-slogans/ Below, I have pasted a copy of an essay on Stinkin’ Thinkin’ that … Continue reading
I’ve been thinking – as it fully sinks in that I have really left – about what I will not miss about AA. This is the counter-list I am writing in my head, as I deprogramme, to counteract the part … Continue reading